To book online, you’ll need your valid licence and a credit/debit card. You’ll also need to read and agree to the terms and conditions of your booking.
You can only book the driving test(s) relevant to the vehicle categories on your provisional licence, so before you book your test you should make sure your licence displays the correct categories. Some tests (including Island Knowledge and PSV) cannot be booked online; you will need to visit us to book in person.
Find your licence
Licences issued before 18 August 2014
Your Driver Number can be found in field 4d. Only enter the first six digits.
Licences issued on or after 18 August 2014
Your Driver Number can be found in field 5. Only enter the first six digits.
- When attending your test appointment you are required by law to present your valid Jersey provisional licence and all other documentation to the examiner/invigilator immediately before you take your test. If you arrive without the correct documentation or licence, you will not be allowed to take the test and you will lose your fee. You will not, under any circumstances, be allowed to produce them at a later time.
- Your Jersey provisional licence must be valid for the category of test you are sitting. For practical tests, you will also have to produce a Jersey theory test pass certificate, a certificate of insurance for motorcycles or private vehicles (either the actual certificate of insurance or a cover note, not a policy schedule or an insurance disc) and a CBT pass certificate (where applicable). All documents must be originals; faxes or photocopies are not acceptable.
- Arriving late for your appointment will result in you not being able to sit your test and you will lose your fee. You should arrive at Driver and Vehicle Standards (DVS), La Collette, St Helier 15 minutes before your test appointment time.
- To cancel or reschedule your driving test online or in person at DVS, you must give three whole working days' notice (excluding weekends and public holidays). You or someone acting on your behalf must bring your licence to DVS to make any amendments.
- You may re-book your test straight away if you do not pass but you will be unable to sit a test of the same category for seven days from the date of your previous attempt.
- Category B test vehicles (car and small goods) must be fitted with a seatbelt and head restraint for the examiner. The head restraint must be an integral part of the seat. Slips on head restraints are not permissible.
- Your vehicle must be in a roadworthy condition. Failure to comply with the above will result in you not being able to sit your test and you will lose your fee. You cannot take your practical test in a left hand drive vehicle, all panel vans, Ford KA convertible, BMW Mini convertible, VW Beetle convertible or Toyota iQ.
- If you are taking a category A motorcycle test, you must use a heavy motorcycle with a minimum engine size of 240cc. For A1 motorcycle tests, you must use a light motorcycle with a minimum engine size of 75cc.
- If you are unsure or have any queries regarding any of the above please check with DVS prior to booking your test.
Important Notice for Theory Test Candidates
From November 2016 the theory tests are changing.
They will incorporate a Hazard Perception section which will follow the touch screen Multiple Choice section.
This is available to study/practice on the "Official Islands Theory Test" app for Smartphones or CD Rom for Windows available from Driver and Vehicle Standards.